sca-cooks Greetings

Fri Apr 11 09:14:05 PDT 1997

  There used to be a restaurant in Nashville Tennessee that served a yeast
  gravy over their steamed vegies.  It had a very pleasant flavor, but I do not
  know what the ingredients were, other than the obvious one of yeast.  I did
  ask once and the waitress just looked at me like she was stating something
  pitifully obvious and replied that it was yeast mixed with water.

Many health food stores (I can think of three within a five mile radius of
my home) sell nutritional yeast, which can be used as a flavoring agent.  I
have even seen it served in shakers (like salt) at restaurants and meals.
(Like last night: I ate at a macrobiotic place...)

	Tibor