Re(2): SC - Wine allergies

Sue Wensel swensel at brandegee.lm.com
Tue Apr 15 12:01:20 PDT 1997

> A memory's triggered.  Does not red wine, in particular, contain histamines
> (are these the sulfides/sulfates/whatever)?  Which would trigger a hay-fever
> response.  This could be helped and prevented, if such people insist on
> drinking wines, by having some anti-histamines, or garlic and horseradish
> tablets (well, works for me) beforehand.

I wouldn't recommend taking most anti-histamines (or decongestants) to drink
anything with alcohol in it.  Did it once with Sudafed (had forgotten I had
taken it two hours previously) and ended up sleeping for two or three hours in
a smoking con suite at a filk con.  I was so deeply asleep that I never woke
for the impromtu jam session they had.

> Fyrean ...

Derdrui
swensel at brandegee.lm.com
- ----
This message was sent using a demo version of BBEdit, a product of Bare Bones
Software, Inc.
http://www.tiac.net/biz/bbsw/