SC - spanish cooking

ND Wederstrandt nweders at mail.utexas.edu
Thu Apr 17 09:11:33 PDT 1997

I wandered over to the university library yesterday at lunch and found a
cookbook on medieval Catalonian  and Majorican cooking.  Wonderful pictures
of plateware and serving ware, illuminations from books and such.  The book
talks about food, some recipes and types of food searched.  The only
problem, (at least for me) is that it is in French.  I can read a little
French, and I read some Spanish so I can slowly plow through it but it
seems to be a fairly good book.  The name is La table medievale des
Catalans by Eliane Thibaut-Comelade, Les Presses du Languedoc, 1995,  LOC
numberis TX 723.5 S7 T47 if you can inter library loan.
I haven't had a chance to read much but there is an  great illumination of
a cinnamon seller with a big bag of cinnamon sticks.

Clare