SC - Outdoor feasts

Bronwynmgn at aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Thu Apr 17 09:21:12 PDT 1997

<< On Wed, 16 Apr 1997 13:25:14 -0500 robin.hackett at wadsworth.org (Robin
 Hackett) writes:

 >Outdoor feasts are alot of fun! :) L >>

My second event in the SCA was "Galahad's Challenge" in Sept 1989, in the
Shire of Eisental in the East Kingdom.  I helped with cooking the feast.  We
did the entire thing over a fire in a trench about 15 ft long, with grates
laid over it.  (Refrigerator grates don't work very well for this - we almost
lost a large pot of carrots, and somebody got burned rather badly getting the
pot off the grate before it snapped in half from the heat and weight).  It
rained most of the day, but not hard enough to put out the fire - until about
5 minutes after we took the last pot off it!  At least we didn't have to
worry about whether the fire was out - only whether the stream was going to
flood us out of our tents!

Bronwyn