SC - Guinea pigs

Christi Redeker C-Redeker at mail.dec.com
Thu Apr 17 10:17:44 PDT 1997

Also the same I believe with Guinea Pigs.  They have Capybara (sp?) in
most central and south American areas.  Which are the largest rodent and
in the same direct family with the Cavy (guinea pig) that we know today.
 The guinea pigs they eat in those countries are very large,
comparatively, to what are raised as pet shop $$.  They have an average
weight of 2-3 pounds more than the average pet type guinea pig.  (Yes
ladies and gentlemen, I raised guinea pigs and rabbits as a child and
actually showed them, there is and an association called the ACBA
(American Cavy Breeders Association) just for those out there who do.