SC - Legalities

Uduido at aol.com Uduido at aol.com
Sat Apr 19 06:09:19 PDT 1997

<< How did you get real swan to cook?  In the USA, I think it is against the
 law.   >>

In a previous post it was mentioned that they were retained to reduce a large
flock down to manageble levels. Also the slaughter of swans that are
commercially bred and raised by someone is not illegal. For instance, one
cannot hunt buffalo leaglly but you can purchase buffalo calves from a
breeder, raise them and slaughter them.
This is true for many "endangered" and/or protected animals. The secret here
is farm raised or officially culled by permit.

Personally if I am served something I don't usually sit and ponder the source
of the food. As they say> Never look a gift horse in the mouth.

Lord Ras