SC - SC Pickels

Cathy Harding charding at nwlink.com
Mon Apr 21 19:52:14 PDT 1997

Master Ian Damebrigge of Wychwood wrote about a sweet pickle from
Curye on Inglish, p. 120-121

This is a wonderful sweet pickle.  It is the one Cossette and I used in the
last feast we did.  It was the Janeltis feast held in the honor of the
Dowager Princess of An Tir at the An Tir Kingdom Kingdom A&S Championship.
We put up about 24 jars of it.  Because this was a visual as well as yummy
feast we did the Pears and green and red cabbage separately so that we
would have different colors on the plate and garnished it with fresh
violets and pansies (edible). It was a pickling extravaganza, and the
kitchen was quite sticky afterward!

We did it the weekend before the feast, it was part of the first course
which was all cold as we had the kitchen for a very limited time.

Maeve