SC - Grapefruit

Uduido at aol.com Uduido at aol.com
Wed Apr 23 17:06:08 PDT 1997

<< Actually, the story that I heard was that they were discovered by one of
 the 15th C. explorers (I forget at the moment which one) and he called
 them "Grapefruit" because they looked like bunches of grapes. >>

You are correct in assuming the Grapefruit got it's name from it's growth
habit. The fruiting cluster of a grapefruit tree does indeed look similar to
a grape cluster. As far as, the "periodness is concerned. I found the
following quote on what is or is not period on the official SCA web site:

3.4 What is Period?
The period (and place) of interest to the SCA, as defined in Corpora and the
By-Laws, is Western Europe and cultures that had contact with Western Europe
before the 17th Century.

Interpret it whatever way you think is best. :-)

Lord Ras