SC - Re: sca-cooks Re: Terminology

Jeanne Stapleton jstaplet at adm.law.du.edu
Thu Apr 24 16:53:20 PDT 1997

Alasdair dixit:

> When I run an event, I am the Steward; I have working for me a
> (Head) Cook, in the kitchen, and a (Head) Porter, at the door.

Yes, this is the terminology slate I've been trying to encourage for
use.  It caused a lot of confusion the first time I used it for an
event I was involved in in Madrone a couple of years ago, because it
was relatively soon after the time the Board had retired "Steward"
when Hilary stepped away from the office.  I had to keep correcting
our newsletter editor that no, I was *not* "the baronial Steward",
jsut "the Steward" for the event.

Not sure it stuck.  :-)

jstaplet at adm.law.du.edu
University of Denver