SC - subtilties

MS MARTHA L WALLENHORST Annejke at prodigy.com
Fri Apr 25 08:40:31 PDT 1997

Someone a while back ask me to post some of the subtilites I have
done to give people some ideas.  I am sorry I haven't gotten to it
before but I had a CA to get out and have been very sick this last
week.  So here goes, this is not all of them, just the one I remember
because i either have pictures or I won something or I thought it was
really memorable.  If you want more info on any of these just ask.  I
also want to make sure that people understand that some of these were
co-projects with my Laurel, but I'm the one that talked her into them
(I'm the crazy one of the two).

1977 Crapes with frogs (plastic wind up frogs and one sparking
Godzilla monster in the middle of the tray - not period but fun, and
the king kept the Godzila windup).

1978 Winter Sleigh (Fantasy Snow Queen Style for a Jan. event in
Mich), Made from Short Bread Cookie and icing. about 12" x 4"

1980 Peacock in full Pride (real bird) The serving tray we used was
4' x 3.5' and the tail didn't quiet fit.
        Pie of frogs (lift the lid and the the little plastic baggers
took off across the table)
        Candied Flower bouquets for the head table so the queen could
award them as favors.

1981 Sugar Cube Castle w/ marzipane people (castle form and
ingredients were not period but it was served with a sour current pie
and meant for people to take a piece and hand grind over the pie if
it was too sour for them - it was a great hit!)  2'x 2' x 8"

1982 A Yule log made of Marzipane and Nuget. 14" long

1983 1st Norse church (cake and Icing confection)
        Birthday Cake done as a piece of music parchment for our
Madrigal Directors birthday.
        Swan (Cake body, cookie wings and tale, marzipane neck with a
candied rose in it's gilded beak  1' x 1.5'

1984 Peacock in full pride
        Dragon (Sweet bread body, neck breast and forelegs were
marzipan, decorated with period icing and small hard candies 2' x 1'
x         3' tall
        Doll of Eilzabeth I (body of Marzipane, dress cake, decorated
with period icing  12" tall
        Doll of Mary Queen of Scots (body of Marzipan, dress cake,
decorated with period icing 12" tall
        Cathederal with stainglass windows (Gingerbread with hard
crack candy in the windows and a candle inside to light the windows)
       2' x 1' x 3'
        Knight Effigy of the Black Prince (carved Marzipane with
period ediable food colorings) 18" long

1985 Lion (carved marzipan on a large tart) 8" long

1986 Spanish flower pots (red clay pots filled with chicken and
stuffing with real candied flowers and fruit peel)
        Stave church (ginger bread) 4' x 3' x 5'

1987 Sugar plate cupes and plates (dinner size)

1988 Sugar plate paltes and clear hard crack goblets
        Joust (marzipan action figures) 12" tall
        Dragon (similar as the other but with a pastry body filled
with candy for the children)

1989 Norweign Windmill holding the Twelve days of Christmas
(gingerbread with marzipan figures and sugar plate cupplings for the
rotating stages and gum balls for ball bearings)  4.5' x 3' with each
of five blades 18" long

1993 Winged Helmet (Cake and sugar plate) life size

1994 Doll seated in chair (Marzipan body, sugar plate dress, gilded
baked marzipan for the chair with hard crack candies set as jewels)
23" tall

1995 Bulls in the castle (Marzipan bulls building a castle out of
carmel blocks)

1996 Rialto Bridge (scots fruit cake, carmel blocks, Marzipan) 12" x
2'

I hope this helps.

Annejke