SC - SC-Crayfish

Mark Harris mark_harris at quickmail.sps.mot.com
Fri Apr 25 22:11:07 PDT 1997

Earlier today on Friday, April 25, Lord Ras said:

In a message dated 97-04-25 01:05:04 EDT, Stefan wrote:

<< Someone mentioned a period crawfish recipe. That might be interesting,
 too.
 I saw a bag of frozen crawfish tails in the grocery the other day.

As far as I know the period recipes that I am aware of call for saltwater
crayfish. If anyone has a reference intimating that freshwater crayfish were
used would they be so kind as to e-mail me this information so I can fill
another hole in my research? Thanks in advance.

Ok. Interesting. I didn't know there was such a thing as saltwater
crawfish. Do saltwater crawfish live in North America, also?

Since I'm almost certain that the frozen crawfish I saw were fresh
water crawfish as well as farm-raised, how much differance is there
likely to be if I use them instead of salt-water crawfish?

Stefan li Rous
markh at risc.sps.mot.com