Hot Drinks

Mark Harris mark_harris at quickmail.sps.mot.com
Wed Apr 9 14:09:39 PDT 1997

Adamantius said:

Then again, how about egg nog, either commercial or the real stuff, made
without alcohol? Pretty similar to some of the posset or caudle
beverages from late period, comparatively nutritious, and fairly
filling. As with caudles and possets, a meal in a mug, under the right
circumstances.

Hmm. I don't think I've got many of these in my files at all. Could
you give some period recipes and redactions? I'd like to add them
to my files or create a new file. I'm not sure I would make them
for myself, but then I don't care for eggnog either.

What is the differance between a caudle and a posset?

Thanks.
  Stefan li Rous
  markh at risc.sps.mot.com