13th century English forest

Mark Harris mark_harris at quickmail.sps.mot.com
Wed Apr 9 21:43:41 PDT 1997

Greetings unto Lord Ras al Zib,

You said:
>To me, my 2 most memorable feasts that I was in charge of were a feast
>composed of anything that could be begged, borrowed or stolen from the
> King's forest (13th century C.E.) ...

I'd love to hear more about this feast. Just how far did you stretch
the concept? Did there just happen to be a spice train in the forest?
Or was this pretty much English herbs and foods? What was the menu?

Or even, what did you find out that you didn't actually use in this
one feast? Do you have a list of items that were likely to come from
a 13th century English forest? Mushrooms? rabbits? acorns?

Thanks.
  Stefan li Rous
  markh at risc.sps.mot.com