sca-cooks Re: Intro

Donna J. White skunkkiller at juno.com
Thu Apr 10 10:17:04 PDT 1997

I am Genevieve de Vaux, the Skunk Killer of Emerald Keep (Waco, TX) in
Ansteorra.  I have been a member for about a year and have primarily been
a steel merchant.  Recently, however, due to mundane difficulties, I have
had to stop merchanting sharpened steel.  I have, therefore, turned to
the Arts including cooking as my mainstay of participation in the
Society.

I fancy myself as a moderate cook in mundane life and have tackled one
feast recently.  I enjoyed it so much I look forward to my next.  Any
help any of you might offer will be very well appreciated.  I am not a
fastidious member, however.  I believe the "Creative" in Society for
Creative Anachronism  is just that, a symbol of the freedom to create
within the realm of possibility during a chosen period.  If this offends
anyone, I apologize in advance.  I will continue to express my creative
arts, however, and beg your tolerance.  I will offer you mine as well.

I strongly uphold the ideals of honor and noble behavior, but am
realistic enough to know that by pressuring others into my own beliefs, I
will do the Society more harm than good.  We must all band together,
differences and all, to further the greater good for which this Society
was established.

Peace to all.

Genevieve

mka Donna J. White