sca-cooks Transport of Foodstuffs

Dottie Elliott macdj at onr.com
Thu Apr 10 16:35:02 PDT 1997

I have always started with period recipes and/or modern redactions of
period recipes for my feasts. In all the feasts I have done, I have only
had a couple of dishes most folks didn't like.  I play with the recipes
and get it to where I like it and my friends like it and then its set.  I
always serve enough of a mix of food that not liking one dish is no great
loss to the diners. Lets face it folks, without knowing the exact
ingredient amounts we cannot KNOW for certain how anything actually
tasted.  However, we can make it so folks will eat it using out own likes
and dislikes, the recipes still available to us and the historical
research that has been done to give us some information on the amounts
involved.

Clarissa