sca-cooks who pays was: End of the Feast

Eden Rain erain at Adobe.COM
Thu Apr 10 17:09:48 PDT 1997

Greetings from Eden of Lionsguard,

Heather Swann wrote:
>> ----
>I don't think the head cook and crew should ever pay for a feast.  We spend
>all day working after all.
>
>Miri

We recently had this same discussion here in Madrone & to say it's a
complex issue is an understatement.

For example: why should I get into the event free in order to cook the
feast when that's what I enjoy doing, while Lord Joe the Helpful Guy who
got corralled into working gate all day, has to pay for the priviledge?  I
dont think it's ever safe to say "well this job is more valuable than that
job so they should get a break".

there are viable arguments for either side of course, but my personal
feeling is that the SCA is a volunteer organization & in general we all
choose to participate, so we should  all pay the site fee alike & just let
things balance out in the wash.

my two cents after months of heated debate (which I lost)
Eden

- --
Eden Rain  eden.rain at adobe.com

Warning, dates on the calendar are closer than they appear.