sca-cooks - subtleties

Uduido at aol.com Uduido at aol.com
Thu Apr 10 18:54:25 PDT 1997

<< So, I took the stuff left after the water ran away.  And discarded the
 > water. >>

I apologize if this has already been said but my server has been slow with
mail of late.

I n reading the above I was shocked, to say the least. The "water" that was
thrown away was ALMOND MILK. Since the description of making this "water" is
very similar to the method for making almond milk, I would, humbly suggest
that the wrong part was thrown away. As for thickening, if a thickening agent
wasn't specified, rys.....oops! > ;-) ....rice flour is very period and was
used almost universally when eggs were not. However, if the whites were mixed
with the almond milk and sweetened, this would have made a nice custard. Any
tho'ts about this??

Lord Ras the Reformed