sca-cooks who pays was: End of the Feast

Greg Lindahl lindahl at pbm.com
Fri Apr 11 06:42:53 PDT 1997

> Let me clarify:  I don't think the head cook and crew should ever pay for a
> feast.  The site fee is another matter.  Usually, cook and crew don't eat the
> feast, so there's no economic burden faced if they don't pay.  On the other
> hand, when I lived in Isenfir, I payed full fare even if I was cooking,
> autocratting, etc., because our group needed the money.  Two different
> circumstances.

Actually, at Isenfir's last event, the autocrat and cook both paid
full-fee; we're just weird that way. However, this varies all over the
known world. I am often offered reduced fees because I am a musician,
and I almost always pay full fee anyway, because I can afford to do
so.

There's a huge file of discussion on this topic in the Rialto Archive,
if anyone wants to see a lot more of it.

http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/rialto/rialto.html

Gregory Blount