sca-cooks Subtlety

Fri Apr 11 08:06:54 PDT 1997

  Please don't add to the impression many folk have that subtleties are
  *only* desserts!  One of the most impressive subtleties I ever was
  served was boneless chicken wrapped in pastry strips (with scalloped
  edges to look like scales) and baked.

Then there is the period recipe, where you remove the skin whole, and stuff
the thing with ground meat, and bake.  Make for a very easy to carve dinner.
And it's a lot of fun to "inflate" the chicken to get the skin off.

  Subtleties can be made of anything, and served in any course!

Yup!  One of my favorites was by Mistress Peridot and Baroness Johanna,
where they made a salad, and arranged it as a very long "tail" to a peacock,
and carved the body of the peacock from some vegetable or another.  It was
beautiful, impressive, and snazzy.  And, tasty.

	Tibor