sca-cooks live animals

Judy Gerjuoy jaelle at access.digex.net
Fri Apr 11 09:52:06 PDT 1997

On Fri, 11 Apr 1997, Mark Schuldenfrei wrote:
> Our former local Baron, Patri du Chat Gris, showed me a period cookbook
> (whose name I don't recall, alas: I could call and ask if there is great
> interest).
>
> Within that book, was a recipe for roasting a goose, alive, and pulling off
> the meat as it cooked.  Without having read the entire book, and knowing the
> context, it is impossible for me to know if it was a serious suggestion.  It
> had a small amount of versimilitude, however, in the style and details.

While I don't have that book, I do have another cookbook which reprinted
that recipe - if anyone wants I could look it up and see what it says (if
anything) about the source.

Jaelle

jaelle at access.digex.net
If the world were merely seductive, that would be easy. If it were merely
challenging, that would be no problem. But I arise in the morning torn
between a desire to improve the world, and a desire to enjoy the world.
This makes it hard to plan the day. - E. B. White