sca-cooks kingdom feast differences

Aldyth at aol.com Aldyth at aol.com
Fri Apr 11 10:22:32 PDT 1997

Aldyth here.

Where I have been doing my cooking for the last 10 years, our cooks have
always been encouraged to pay their site and feast fees.  In any event I was
associated with, I did.  Generally we don't pry into other kitchens to verify
whether or not they anteed up or not.  I have given reduced or free feast to
some of the servers associated with my feasts, when the revenue of the event
permitted.  If it didn''t, I paid the difference in what I gave as a break
and the actual price.

It might be "nice" to acknowledge the hard work of the kitchen staff by
reducing or eliminating their fees.  You have to understand that out here in
the boonies, with the exception of our Baronies (5), events generally bring
in less than 100 bodies, unless it is Crown, Coronation, or A&S.  There is
also a general feeling of price gouging if the entire ticket (site and feast)
goes over about $12 each.

How about starting a general discussion on how everyone budgets a feast?