sca-cooks Sources for Period Spices

Kofryna the Goatherd kofryna at geocities.com
Fri Apr 11 12:59:33 PDT 1997

Greetings to the SCA Cooking Mailing list from Kofryna the Goatherd!

We've recently established a cooking guild in the Shire of Highland
Foorde, for which I am the coordinator. It's a lot of fun and we meet
once a month to prepare period recipes. After preparing the dishes, all
the guild members get to eat the creations and comment on the
end-product. It's been a blast so far!

Being on the far outskirts of Atlantia, I was wondering does anyone know
of a mail order source where I can find period spices such as grains of
paradise? I know you can sometimes find merchants at events that sell
them, but it would be convenient to shop by mail if at all possible.

Any help you have would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Kofryna