sca-cooks Introduction

chris douglass chrisd at ala-net.com
Fri Apr 11 20:30:12 PDT 1997

Greetings unto the list
	I am Hrolf Stormhawk from the Kingdom of Meridies, the Shire of Glynn Rhe.
I have been in the SCA since 1981. I have been feastcrat numerous times and
certainly look forward to learning and teaching about medieva cookery in
the SCA. Now on to the question at hand.
> From: KENDALL JOHNSON <avalon at netjava.com>
> To: sca-cooks at eden.com
> Subject: sca-cooks Introduction
> Date: Thursday, April 10, 1997 11:43 PM
>
> Greetings unto all,
>
> 	I am Rufus Guthrie from the shire of Adlersruhe. I am currently working
on
> a history piece focusing on the Normans from 1000-1150. I would be very
> indebted to anyone that might be able to refer me to any recipes that
would
> be from this time and dealing with the Norman's.
>
> Rufus
You may look for an article by Constance Hieatt and R.F. Jones,Speculum 61
(1986),859-82., entitled "Two Anglo-Norman Culinary Collections". This
manuscript is slightly later then the period you mention but is as close as
you will proably be able to get.
Hrolf