sca-cooks Pakoras

James L. Matterer jmattere at weir.net
Sun Apr 13 14:57:39 PDT 1997

Hi everyone,
  I'm new to the list and so therefore am "out of the loop" as far as
the conversations here are concerned. Is there a recipe exchange or
posting happening?
   Just recently I've gotten into Indian (Asian) cooking. I'm busy
tracking down the elusive recipe for Pakoras - batter-fried fruits &
vegies, also done in "hush puppy" style. Is anyone familar with this
dish? And does anyone know of a good recipe? What I've found so far
isn't nealy as tasty as the Pakoras I've had in Indian restaurants and
at Hindu temples. Don't know how period they are, though I'm sure they
fit in the SCA time-range.

Hope to meet lots of you!

Master Ian