sca-cooks Re[2]: Atholbrose.

The Cheshire Cat mfdenton at postoffice.utas.edu.au
Sun Apr 13 18:11:13 PDT 1997

Adamantius wrote:

>Athelbrose is almost certainly period, but I suspect it's one of those
>dishes where the modern version is a bit more fun than its austere
>ancestor, which appears to have been  made of oats and water, kept at
>body temperature until a tiny amount of fermentation has taken place.
>Definitely not much fun...
>
>Adamantius

   The only reason I asked is because there is a Celtic event in Lochac
sometime in the near future and, while I'm not the autocrat (not in the
right geographic region)  I have been asked to find out about various
things like the adressing of the Haggis and other odd things.  I read that
Athol Brose can be substituted for plain Whisky, and what I knew sounded
much more fun.

Thanks for all your help

- -Sianan