sca-cooks Creativity

Roy Wessel rwessel at ada-solutions.com
Sun Apr 13 20:34:38 PDT 1997

At 01:20 PM 4/10/97 -0400,  Linneah wrote:

>It seems that everytime someone offers documentation for a recipe(receipt)
>that they have taken one written in period and "done their best with it".
Does
>this mean that a cook shouldn't create their own recipies and call them
"period"
>because they are based on ingredients and techniques that would have been
>used in period?  I have come up with a wonderful spiced and fruited ground
>prok dish that I would love to serve as well as having others in mind
waiting to
>burst forth.
>
>Any comments (as if I didn't know)?

Greetings:
   I am Robin Vinehall of the Barony of Caerthe, Kingdom of the Outlands.  I
have put on quite a few feasts and taught classes in converting Period
recipes into modern form.
   Most of my dishes are redactions, although I have produced several,
including a lentil soup that has won awards in culinary competitions, that
are completely original.  A number of other cooks in our area also produce
excellent dishes that are what someone in Period might well have come up
with, but for which there are no close Period recipes.  We are, after all,
supposed to be creatively anachronistic.

Robin Vinehall

W. Roy Wessel                      | rwessel at abwam.com            |
W. Roy Wessel & Associates         |                              |
3545 Arthur Court, #3              |  Voice: (303) 444-5004       |
Boulder, CO 80304-2031             |                              |
 "Hui! Tintinnuntius meus sonat!"  [ "Darn! There goes my beeper!"]