SC - New to list

Robin Hackett robin.hackett at wadsworth.org
Tue Apr 15 08:43:22 PDT 1997

Greetings,

  I just joined the list and already I think I've missed some great topics!
I am eLeri of Nefyn  from the Barony of Concordia of the Snows in the East
Kingdom. I am primarily known as Leri and I hale from Wales around the time
of Henry II. Ok, thirteen years in the SCA and I've never really researched
my persona. But I do have the SCA to thank for making me a cook! I never
thought it could be fun to page through cookbooks and do more than drool.

Julleran, I bought "Two Fifthteenth Century Cookery Books" at Pennsic last
year. It's back in print!

Master Ian, I had an Armenian version of Pakoras last week and I'll try to
get the recipe for you. What an excuse to use all of the spices in your
house!

Aoife, regarding homeopathy and migraines, Bettony is known for its ability
to cure headaches quickly. Problem is, finding some where you live.

Clarissa, I usually use up most of my feast budget on food but when there
is leftover it helps pay the site and event costs. I never thought of using
the round up (to a whole dollar) as anything more than a cushion. What do
you do with the money? It could be cool to buy cooking stuff with it!! :)
hmmm....

Enough for now.

Leri

robin.hackett at wadsworth.org