SC - Re: SC Creativity

Uduido at aol.com Uduido at aol.com
Tue Apr 15 20:43:03 PDT 1997

In a message dated 97-04-15 18:01:22 EDT, Katerine wrote:

<< And the ways
 that professional cooks did it are not necessarily the ways
 that middle class housewives did, either. >>

As a "professional cook" I couldn't agree more with SOME of your viewpoints
but I  am also of the opinion that even tho' we certainly should strive for
no small amount of "authenticity", my personal goal in the SCA is not to
reproduce the Middle Ages but rather to re-create the Middle Ages. IMHO, a
distinct and yet subtle difference that provides the SCA with a uniqueness
that sets it apart from the "authenticity" groups such as MRS.

If being periodly creative in the kitchen provides a stepping stone for
removing potatos, tomatos, pumpkin, corn and other questionable foods from
SCA feasts, I am all for it. And, hopefully, that creativity will lead to
"reproducing" more and more tasty and appealing period foods thus resulting,
ultimately, in better feast menus.

(Stepping off the soap-box),

Lord Ras (Uduido at aol.com)