SC - "Good food" Feast

Charles Dean charles at macquarie.matra.com.au
Wed Apr 16 05:49:51 PDT 1997

Hi all,

After talking about the concept for about three years
of providing a completely over the top feast, my
household and an few others are going to create a feast
for 55 people with a cover price of $50.00 Australian
by the time hall costs etc are taken out we will have a food
budget of about $30.00 - $35.00 US. The working title of the
feast is: The Good Food Feast.

The feast will be a high feast probably of Italian food from
1380 to 1420. We are also planning on serving wine. Some
of the dishes planned are whole roast suckling pig, salmon
baked standing on its tail, expensive seafood like crabs
or lobsters, rosemary snow (rosemary bushes covered in sweetened
whipped egg-whites) and other fancy delights. Basically its
a chance to cook all of the over the top recipes we have been
drooling over for years.

Each attendee will be asked to provide a server to attend their
needs through out the meal. As is traditional servers will
be able to grab left-overs after their betters have eaten.

To cook the feast we have the team known as the
"Politarchopolian Assult Catering Corps". Which includes
a cooking laurel, two professional chefs, a couple of
experienced kitchen hands, several experienced helpers and
a couple of the best autocrats around. As well we have the
support of a barony who's motto is "Eat, Eat, you're all
too thin!". All the team have worked together before.
The planned site has a professional kitchen attached to
the hall.  All in all, its a dream come true!

So, here comes the fun part. If you had a budget of $30US
(or $45 Australian) per head for to provide one meal only,
given the time, place and conditions above what would you
serve?
No dish at this stage is considered too hard to consider.

Current date for the feast is late Sept or early Oct which
is spring in Lochac.

All suggestions will be read with interest and I will keep
the list posted as to the feasts progress.

Charles of the Park

PS to save one train of discussion, I have had enough indication
   that the feast will be over-subscribed.

Charles Dean    charles at macquarie.matra.com.au
Matra Internetworks - Internet service providers.
Ph (06) 251 6730  Fax (06) 253 4840
PO BOX 714, Jamison Centre, ACT 2614 AUSTRALIA