SC - feast $

James and/or Nancy Gilly KatieMorag at worldnet.att.net
Wed Apr 16 18:30:00 PDT 1997

At 22:06 16-4-97 +0000, Aldyth wrote:
>Each Kingdom seems to interpret parts of the Society Financial policy
>differently.  You need to find out what your Kingdom financial policy is, and
>if your local group has one.  *Usually* there is some sort of protocol to
>follow within the individual Kingdom or group addressing reimbursements, and
>events.  What is *normal* in the Outlands seems to be addressing an event
>budget early on, and approving it.  Any expenditure requested within the
>approved budget is reimbursed.  Some groups prefer a cash advance to the
>principals involved (autocrat and feast coordinator) for 80% of the approved
>budget, with the remainder (if any) addressed and reimbursed at the event
>post mortem.  I have told my local groups that whatever works best for them
>is fine with me.  I do tend to frown at events that seem to take months to
>close, with receipts turning up out of no where.
>
>Aldyth at aol.com

Here in Marinus (Tidewater VA), when someone submits a bid for an event, a
rough budget is included as part of the bid package.  When the bid is
approved, therefore, the steward and head cook already know how much money
should be spent for the feast.  Advances are given by the Esxhequer as
needed prior to the event, so that supplies can be purchased; after the
event is over and all the paperwork is completed, the steward turns in all
of the receipts to the Exchequer, and the head cook is reimbursed for any
further amount due.

As for the money, all baronial funds come from a single account, but most of
the money has been allocated for certain purposes.  The "event front" (when
no money has been taken out of it for an upcoming event) holds enough money
for us to be planning two or three events at once (this weekend we will be
hosting our third event of the year), or for us to pay for a Kingdom event
without having to borrow funds from Kingdom.

Slainte -

Alasdair mac Iain of Elderslie        Argent, a chevron cotised azure
Dun an Leomhainn Bhig                 surmounted by a sword and in chief
Barony of Marinus                     two mullets sable

James and/or Nancy Gilly
katiemorag at worldnet.att.net

****  REUNITE GONDWANALAND!!