SC - Haggis

maddie teller-kook meadhbh at io.com
Thu Apr 17 20:01:46 PDT 1997

> On Monday, April 14, Sianan said:
>
> >   The only reason I asked is because there is a Celtic event in Lochac
> >sometime in the near future and, while I'm not the autocrat (not in the
> >right geographic region)  I have been asked to find out about various
> >things like the adressing of the Haggis and other odd things.

I think the addressing of the haggis is from the Robert Burns poem..
so....that would be a bit out of period ....much of a bummer.....

> Huh? "adressing of the Haggis"? I'm not sure what you mean by this.
> haggis.
Stefan....
this is the ritual that occurs at the Burns Night Dinners....a very
scottish event in January (Robert Burns birthday). The haggis is brought
in as Burns' poem is ready....

meadhbh