SC - Cleanup

Donna J. White skunkkiller at juno.com
Wed Apr 16 21:39:41 PDT 1997

>>Until recently the kitchen clean-up was also the person who cooked so
it you were the main
>>person responsible for the feast, you also cleaned the kitchen as well.

>How horrible for the feastocrat! Our shire makes it a point to scoot the
crat
>from the kitchen (as does our household). The Shire has a clean up crew
>pre-signed up to do it and the Fighters from the household do it at
household
>events (of course with much mead, ale, and scotch flowing about). :-)
>
>Lord Ras

I don't know how I could have done the feast and cleaned up too.  We had
a feastocrat one Tournament of the Emeralds who instigated a new kitchen
policy.  We gathered the "almost adults" (i,e, the teenagers who were
driving us bugger all day) and had them gather dishes from each table
individually as a household or group and bring them to the kitchen where
we set up an assembly line washing situation using shire members who
needed to participate but "just hadn't found the right job to match their
persona."  Then the teens took the dishes back to their owners (the
dishes, not the teens).  One time this included a well-known brass hat
who is known to run everything (into the ground if you are not careful)
when given just the slightest opportunity.  Her eagerness and abundance
of knowledge (useless as it may be)  is overwhelming (and frustrating as
heck).  Everyone was glad to see her "pitch in" in service to the shire
(as though her "grace and beauty" were not enough).

If your canton, shire, barony, etc. isn't forcing the cook out of the
kitchen, BEWARE OF THE COOKS BARING STEEL!!!! They may be planning their
next feast!!!!!!!!

I ended up in the hospital from my recent feast.  I have a pinched nerve
and standing just didn't "sit" well.  I finally had a clans brother come
to me and order me out.  When I refused, he picked me up and started to
carry me out.  I got down and walked out on my own . . . then collapsed.
I should have let him order me out sooner.  Take your well deserved break
and if nothing else, tell the autocrat and seneschal to help you find
cleaners.  They are usually great at finding "volunteers" and roping in
"draft dodgers."  At least they are around here.

Genevieve

I apologize for the sarcasm, it is late and my true feelings slip out
when I am tired.