SC - trenchers

Mark Harris mark_harris at quickmail.sps.mot.com
Fri Apr 18 13:09:31 PDT 1997

Bronwyn asked back on Wed. April 16:

<<
 I think I have finally mastered trenchers - they have to be made with
 whole meal flour and left to harden for four days before using >>

My lord and I are cooking for an event in the fall and would like to use
trenchers.  Could you please post or send the recipe?  Also, is there any
documentation for the recipe or is it something you've worked out based on
your knowledge and experience with period baking?

Bronwyn
Bronwynmgn at aol.com

You might also want to read this message file which has a number of
experiances and comments from others on trenchers. This is in the
FOOD section of my SCA Rialto Files:

utensils-msg      (68K)  9/ 9/96    Utensils, plates, trenchers, cast iron
pots.

Stefan li Rous
markh at risc.sps.mot.com