SC - Legalities

Aldyth at aol.com Aldyth at aol.com
Sat Apr 19 08:58:00 PDT 1997

<< For instance, one cannot hunt buffalo leaglly but you can purchase buffalo
calves from a breeder, raise them and slaughter them. This is true for many
"endangered" and/or protected animals. The secret here is farm raised or
officially culled by permit.

If you are lucky enough to draw a permit in Wyoming, you may hunt buffalo.
 Costs $200 for a permit, and mister ranger takes you out to the herd, and
says"see that one, he's yours."  The state keeps the hide.  If I ever get
one, I will share.  However I am a hunter, sneak up and kill things hunter.
 You can't sneak up on a buffalo anymore.

There is a buffalo "farm" just south of Cheyenne.  For the paltry sum of
$2000 you can get on horseback and ride out with an elephant gun and shoot
one of his buffalo.  The farm will clean and skin it (you get to keep the
skin).  You have to haul it away.

Aldyth at aol.com