SC - SC- Lists of Foods

Greg Lindahl lindahl at pbm.com
Tue Apr 29 06:31:37 PDT 1997

> My current sources for period dishes are minimal and are probably known to
> almost everyone on this list.  And due to Mundane Obligations, I don't
> have the time to do extensive research to find primary sources.

Both of these are easy to acquire. Cariadoc's Miscellany is on the
web. The Stock Clerk sells "Take a Thousand Eggs or more". And
Cariadoc sells a 2-volume collection of photocopies of various primary
sources, should you ever want to delve into them. Me, I'm lazy, and I
would find it much easier to cook from Cariadoc's book than to attempt
to look up bunches of ingredients in a treatise on what ingredients
were used when.

Gregory Blount