New member to the list

Mark Harris mark_harris at quickmail.sps.mot.com
Tue Apr 8 15:55:23 PDT 1997

Gunthar said:

>It would be nice if everyone who came on would give a brief bio of
themselves as
>well.

I'm Ld. Stefan li Rous.

I have made a few medieval foods but I am pretty much a beginning cook both
mundanely and with period foods. I still have problems decipering some
modern recipes and redactions, much less trying to cook from the period
sources themselves.

My interests span a wide range of subjects rather than specializing in say,
cooking. Although I have autocrated a large event centered around a feast,
(Candlemas) you will probably never see me as the headcook at an event
although I have helped in the kitchen numerous times.

I do like to try to make period food for "pot lucks" and revels and
my interest in this list probably leans a bit more toward that than
serving large feasts.

I've been in the SCA just under eight years. All of it spent in my
current barony.

I am the creator and maintainer of the SCA Rialto Files and am prone to
quote others' messages from these files to support a point as well as
to point others to these files if I think the files will help solve their
questions. Also, if something is said on this list that I think will help
others, it is likely to find itself into one of my files. You have been
warned. :-)  There are already substantial FOOD and BEVERAGE sections.

Stefan
Barony of Bryn Gwlad
Ansteorra
markh at risc.sps.mot.com