intro

Stephen Bloch sbloch at adl15.adelphi.edu
Wed Apr 9 11:18:59 PDT 1997

Gunthar wrote:
> The best thing I can think of to do is to assist an expirienced feast-master (is
> that better than "feastocrat"?).  You will learn how to prepare mass quantities
> of food and how to plan for servings etc...

On the nomenclature issue, how about "chef" or "head cook"?  The fact
that these terms are comprehensible to modern ears doesn't ENTIRELY
disqualify them from SCA use :-)

And if we're talking nomenclature (I know this is going to come up
sooner or later, so let's get it out of the way), the word is "course".
Not "remove", but "course".  The earliest OED citation of "remove" meaning
a course in a meal is due to Benjamin Franklin.

					mar-Joshua ibn-Eleazar ha-Shalib
                                                 Stephen Bloch
                                           sbloch at panther.adelphi.edu
					 http://www.adelphi.edu/~sbloch/