Terminology

Philip W. Troy troy at asan.com
Wed Apr 9 13:52:14 PDT 1997

Beth Morris wrote:

> Michael F. Gunter wrote:
> >
> > > Are there other options?  Cook is one I've used with moderate success,
> > > as in "I am the cook for the Baronial Kumquat Tourney", or "I am cooking
> > > a feast this weekend"....
> >
> > The only problem with that IMHO is that when I'm in charge of a feast, I have
> > several people cooking for me and I direct, supervise, and have panic-attacks.
>
> Ah, there is that.  Kitchen Coordinator?  He Who Must Be Obeyed?  I'm
> sure we can come up with something...:-)

I used to own an apron I wore for feast cooking. It had on it two
quotes, from two Roman emperors. The first was from Tiberius Claudius
Nero Caesar: "Let them fear me, so long as they obey me!"  The second
was from Gaius Lucius Germanicus, called Caligula: "Let them hate me, so
long as they fear me!"

I was always well treated when I wore that...

Adamantius