sca-cooks Re- intro

Mark Harris mark_harris at quickmail.sps.mot.com
Thu Apr 10 15:15:19 PDT 1997

Steve / Joshua said:

>Tarts for Ember-day, basically an onion quiche.  If you get good onions
>(esp. Vidalias), it actually has a sweet flavor.

I think this is an excellant dish, but I would suggest NOT using Vidalias
or other sweet onion. The sweet onions are very recent hybrid, in the past
few decades much less the last few hundred years. Their taste is different
enough that I would question whether a dish made with them that features
onions so prominately would taste even close to how the medieval dish did.

Thoughts?

Stefan li Rous