sca-cooks Re: End of the Feast

Philip W. Troy troy at asan.com
Thu Apr 10 16:24:17 PDT 1997

Beth Morris wrote:

> You're gonna look pretty silly as Queen of the May....:-)

Yeah, well, what can I say? They tell me I have quite good legs, all in
all...

> In the Barony I helped to found one of the "standing policies" is that
> neither the cook nor the autocrat have to pay for the event they're
> working on (but everyone else does, excepting of course invited guests
> such as the Royalty).  So the seat is there if one wants it.  I'truth, I
> don't recall ever having used mine.  At our most recent event, my best
> friend and I sat on bar stools at the service window, nibbling cheese
> tart & dipping bread in the venison & bacon drippings and drinking wine
> and admiring the feast hall from our "perch".  And holding court as
> people came up to comment on the food....

Sounds about right. It can get pretty embarrassing after a while,
considering some of the commentary I have received occasionally. I try
to adopt a non-central location for this reason, but otherwise we do
pretty much the same thing. There WAS that time one of our neighboring
baronesses was feeding me grapes. Pretty decadent, as I recall. Probably
why my Empire fell.

Adamantius