sca-cooks meat preservation

James and/or Nancy Gilly KatieMorag at worldnet.att.net
Fri Apr 11 21:29:55 PDT 1997

The preservation problems I suspect are also responsible for some of the
sauces which are to modern American tastes overly strong and/or spicy.  To
hide the over-gaminess or at least to balance the flavors.  You don't want
the sauce to hide the meat, but the meat shouldn't hide the sauce either.
My parents knew an Indian couple who moved to this country, and after a very
short while the husband told his wife never to cook with curry again because
he liked the taste of meat now that he knew what it tasted like fresh.

Well-aged meat does not necessarily taste strong, but it does melt in your
mouth.  You can literally cut it with a spoon.  It also costs an an arm and
a leg per pound.

Philippa Grey

James and/or Nancy Gilly
katiemorag at worldnet.att.net