SC - Re Food Allergies

Dottie Elliott macdj at onr.com
Tue Apr 15 23:32:16 PDT 1997

><< Just as we need to know how to figure portion control or sanitize our
> kitchens, so we need to be alert to allergy problems.
>  >>

 I always post a list of ingredients for all the dishes at the gate or at
the kitchen so folks with food allergies can determine what dishes they
can eat. On occasion, I have tried to set aside food for folks with food
problems. I had a friend who couldn't have any alcohol so I always made
extra servings for her without alcohol.  She was always appreciative. I
always try to make extra meatless dishes for the vegetarians as well. I
once tried to make extra dishes for one lady who was seemingly allergic
to every spice and herb used in medieval cookery . It was a lot of extra
work and coordination to do it and was unappreciated as well as best I
could tell. I don't offer to do that anymore. I simply post the
ingredients and let folks decide what they can and cannot eat.

Clarissa