Re(3): SC - Re: sca-cooks nut allergies

Sue Wensel swensel at brandegee.lm.com
Wed Apr 16 08:30:02 PDT 1997

> Most true nuts that grow on trees rather than in the ground, have
> pectin in it.  I am deathly allergic to them, almonds, cashews,
> walnuts, pecans etc.  However, last week the AMA supposedly had a
> warning to preganent women not to eat peanuts or peanut butter in
> large quantities as a study showed that those children of women who
> ate large quantities while pregnant where more likely to have peanut
> and peanut butter allergies.  It is currently the highest allergy in
> small children in some portions of the US and all over England.
>
> Annejke

My lady,

Are you also allergic to apples?  Another substance that occurs in nuts that
triggers many allergies is tannic acid.  There has to be another one, however,
as I am quite capable of drinking prodigious amounts of tea without a problem.

Derdriu
- ----
This message was sent using a demo version of BBEdit, a product of Bare Bones
Software, Inc.
http://www.tiac.net/biz/bbsw/