SC - swans, eel and peacocks, oh

Mark Harris mark_harris at quickmail.sps.mot.com
Thu Apr 17 17:12:46 PDT 1997

On Wed, April 16, Sianan said:

>   For the Investiture feast of Alaric and Nerissa as P&P of Lochac last
>September we served swan to the high table.  It's incredibly period and
>it's interesting to try and get it to look right.

Yes, extremely period. Bus where did you find swan? There are a number
of medieval foods that I would like to be able to try, but they are
often very difficult to find these days. For instance, eel. Eel was
raised similarly to the way we raise catfish today. Eel were raised
in many mill ponds and such.

Venison is another. The SCA feasts are about the only place I've had
it and then whether we have it is very dependant upon how lucky our
local baronial hunters are.

Where would you get peacock?

Sigh.

Stefan li Rous