SC - peacocks and eels

Mark Harris mark_harris at quickmail.sps.mot.com
Thu Apr 17 21:18:13 PDT 1997

On Wed. April 16, Duncan said:

A local Laurel was kind enough to assist in the skinning and tanning of the
hide, so that went fine at least. But when the time came to cook the thing,
two important facts were overlooked:
1. A peacock is a game bird, and cooks differently than a chicken.
2. It was a peaCOCK, not a peaHEN, and took longer to cook because of this.

Please explain these two points to new cook. If the peacock and the
chicken are the same size, why would they cook differently?

Why would a peacock take longer than a peahen? Because the peacock is
bigger?
<<<<<<

- - -Duncan (...and don't even get me started on the eel stew...)

Please do explain the eel stew. Eel is something I'd like to try
at least once. If it was methodology, I'd like to know what NOT to
do as well as what to do right. Where did you find the eels?

Thanks.
  Stefan li Rous
  markh at risc.sps.mot.com
<<<<<
Tom Brady    tabrady at mindspring.com   SCA: Duncan MacKinnon of Tobermory
 See my web pages for links to the Society for Creative Anachronism and
      gay and lesbian info: http://www.technomancer.com/~duncan/