SC - itty-bitty fish recipes.

Mark Harris mark_harris at quickmail.sps.mot.com
Thu Apr 24 20:38:47 PDT 1997

Adamantius said on Wed. April 23:

There are various Iberian versions of the shrimp fritter that still
exist today, made from little brown shrimp too small to be individually
peeled and deveined. Kind of like whitebait pancake in Britain. The fish
being too small to individually batter and fry, you just mix them into a
batter and fry it as a cake. That may well be what  the Portuguese
version of Tempura would have looked like.
<<<<<

Interesting. Do you have a recipe for this shrimp fritter or perhaps this
whitebait pancake? The tiny shrimp are available at a much cheaper price
than the larger shrimp. This might be an excellant way to make use of them.

I'm not sure where I would find the small fish for the whitebait pancake.
I'm not about to go out and buy a bag of minnows at a nearby bait shop
for this.

Thanks.
  Stefan li Rous

PS: Someone mentioned a period crawfish recipe. That might be interesting,
too.
I saw a bag of frozen crawfish tails in the grocery the other day.