sca-cooks Re: intro

Thu Apr 10 08:24:52 PDT 1997

  BTW, I am looking for some good period vegetarian dishes from Brittain,
  anyone know any besides spinach and mushrooms?

Oooh, gosh, my books are far away and packed, and I CANNOT remember the
author... but there is a period source that was written by an Italian who
moved to England at the end of period, and found that they didn't eat enough
vegetables.  He wrote a treatise for the English on how to cook vegetables.
And it was barely in period, if I recall.

What, oh what, was his NAME!  Darned memory.  Good book, recently in print
in the US... Castelvetro!  That was the man.

	Tibor