sca-cooks Me

James and/or Nancy Gilly KatieMorag at worldnet.att.net
Thu Apr 10 17:28:36 PDT 1997

Good grief - I signed off the SCA Heralds' list last week because I was
getting too much traffic from it.  Then I found this list - and in one day,
I think, I've gotten more messages than I normally did in two days from the
heralds! 8)

My name is Laird Alasdair mac Iain of Elderslie; I'm a fourteenth-century
lowland Scot who travels through Burgundy and Bavaria as an agent for my
uncle, a Glasgow merchant.  I came into this Society in the Canton of
Dragon's Aerie (part of the Barony Beyond the Mountain), and am now
Seneschal of the Barony of Marinus.  I've never cooked for an event, though
I did help my lady with planning the feast for our Mid-Winter's Masque (for
which I was steward) last year.  I am a herald at large for the Kingdom of
Atlantia, and hope someday to join the ranks of the combat archers in this
fine kingdom.

Mundanely, I'm James Gilly, a submariner stationed in Norfolk VA.  I started
out in the SCA in Groton CT, nearly five years ago, after being a paid
member for over a year and a half.  My first event was Dragonflight I, in
Dragon's Aerie; my favourite of all the SCA feasts I've attended was in the
Shire of the Frosted Hills, four years ago.

Slainte -

Alasdair mac Iain

James and/or Nancy Gilly
katiemorag at worldnet.att.net