sca-cooks Re- So many li

Mark Harris mark_harris at quickmail.sps.mot.com
Thu Apr 10 21:52:49 PDT 1997

Alasdair mac Iain said:

>I think this is going to be a great list.  However, I had no idea there
would
>be so many listings.  I would like to propose that on the Subject line of
>each message, a code be placed that would allow people to know
>immediately which list the message was from.  The East Kingdom mailing
>list uses [EK].  Maybe someone has a suggestion on what could be used
>as this lists identifier.
>
>Thanks  Lady Michel

I see that most notes have "sca-cooks" in the title, but I don't always
remember to add it (see the introduction I wrote 8) ) - can the list server
be set to add that automatically to all posts, as the EK list server adds
"[EK]"?

It looks like the list server has now been set to automatically prepend
the subject line with sca-cooks.

I would like to request that this be reduced to a two or three letter
item, like s-c or sc or somesuch. My mailer does show the sender which
is always sca-cooks and by adding this many letters the real title is
getting chopped off on the right side.

Comments? Or am I the only one having this problem? I have to use
Quickmail, perhaps other mailers are nicer about clipping the titles.

Thanks.
  Stefan li Rous
  markh at risc.sps.mot.com