sca-cooks Introductions...

brain41 at io.com brain41 at io.com
Fri Apr 11 00:13:45 PDT 1997

Good day to you all,

I am Isaac (the hermit).  I reside in the Barony of Bryn Gwlad in the most
fine Kingdom of Ansteorra.  Though I have not been active for some time I
was thrilled to find this list.  I currently attend a Culinary College in
Bryn Gwlad (Austin,  Texas) and it keeps me on Saturdays and thus from
events.  Due to this tragic circumstance,  I withdrew from active
participation until my graduation.. (less than a year left!)  However,  I
find it impossible to stay away from the good folk (and food) of the SCA
and have come back to learn.  Though I have never feast-o-crat'ed, I have
some experience in the Culinary Arts that grows daily. I am extremely
interested in Period Cookery and hope to contribute to the discussions.  It
is my intention,  upon graduation,  to return to the fold by
Feast-O-Crat'ing an event (if permitted).  It should prove to be an
interesting way to put my new skills to the test.  I hope I can I can count
on y'all for advice?

					Still dreaming,

					Isaac the hermit.

					MKA: William Fisher

* By the by,  If anyone is interested,  I have access to French Master Chef
Andre Touboule and I would be happy to ask him any questions anyone might
have regarding French Classical Cookery and pss that information back.
(He's a culinary encyclopedia who loves to lecture.  Great combination.)